Thursday 24 October 2013

Idle

Some people say "An Idle man's mind is a devil's workshop". Come on ... really? The devil gets blamed if he is up-to something or if he is up-to nothing. And this is assuming the devil is a man, hence the reference as 'he'.

What brought about this statement? Well, it's just been two days since I have taken a 'break' from work and I am going out of my devil's mind to put it lightly and rightly! Whomever said women were meant to be home makers ... seriously ... go get yourself a bow and tie it round your neck!

Maybe in the golden olden days, women were at home doing all girly stuff because there weren't that many luxuries. Let's face it ... today's world, everyone wants a car, a house, a phone, a computer, a dog (yes having a dog is expensive so I consider it a luxury!) and the list is pretty long ... what is it that people call it ... bucket list! Wow! Those must be some real huge buckets!

Let's not forget the luxury of wanting to travel to every place on earth! Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE to travel! But sometimes when my noodled brain is winding, I feel bad for the ones who cannot afford to travel and I feel jealous of the people who are so satisfied being in one place. It's unfair! Why? Well, despite having many things in life, everyone whines about what is missing and how much they need luxuries to keep going!

It is human nature to complain anyways! I complain too but there is a vast difference in complaining and whining! Whining irritates! Be satisfied people! There are a zillion people who would LOVE to have what you have!

Well, looks like my 'Idle" time was put to good use after all. I wrote a post in my blog after a poem saga! Though this may seem like a waste of time to many! Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment